If Dali were fashion...

If Dali were fashion...

domingo, 7 de febrero de 2010

SATC: The Return


As a budding fashionista, (I prefer to use that term than shopping addict, it sounds nicer) I must of course devote one blog entry to what can only be described as a fashion phenomenon, Sex and the City.

Have spent my college years watching the show on HBO, I was clearly thrilled when they decided to come out with movie number 1. It was exciting time to have lived in New York City. Not only did I see the movie on opening day at Kips Bay on 32nd street (an enlightening experience might I add, being trampled by skinny gay men and middle aged women from Long Island with acrylic nails wearing too much makeup and mini skirts to enter the theatre), I was able to be lucky enough to see some of the key scenes filmed! I swear I am in a group of people in the background of the scene where Carrie hits Big with the flowers!!!

The fashion on this show and in the movie is absolutely iconic. I would like to pay hommage to my soul sisters Carrie, Miranda, Samantha and Charlotte by showing a few key outfits from some sneaked images for the 2nd movie (USA release date May 28, 2010...if no one sends me a bootleg copy, friendships WILL be ended), and from reminsicing some of my favorite outfits from the tv showand the first movie.

NOTE: I realize many, if not all of these pictures may be of Carrie, sorry be she IS the most fashionable after all! No complaints!

So whether you are an SATC fan or not (and really, if you are not, why are we friends?) I hope you´ll enjoy what´s below.


TRIBUTE STARTS NOW!!!



Well to start, I absolutely have to put on one of the most iconic outfits Carrie ever wears. We have, everyone, the famous tutu. I saw on E True Hollywood story that they actually shot the opening credits of the show in the tutu and also another outfit, a purple dress, and eventually picked the tutu. I can´t imagine the opening credits of Carrie getting soaked by the bus wearing anything else but that ridiculous tutu. It was love at first sight for me.









Here are a few signature BAD outfits...even though they are awful, they are still signature nonetheless, and represent some of my favorite SATC moments!!!




One of my favorite and completely hideous outfits is the picnic outfit!!! The gossip about men, sex, work, etc...all while Carrie is dressed like Heidi!!! Unnnnnn believeable!!!!















I LOVE this episode. This is complete head to toe Roberto Cavalli and its quite a showstopper. Carrie goes to get her shoes fixed and finds out her shoe repair shop has now turned into a comic book store. She then begins to date the young comic book store boy, they smoke pot and eat fried chicken, its an amazing episode.

















This nasty little number is when Carrie goes to the Hamptons for a weekend. The party is a hoedown theme, clearly stated by her red cowboy hat. She them voms on the beach after seeing Big with Natasha.







And now, some Carrie outfits I love.





I love this trench Carrie is wearing. We obviously know I love trench coats. I am not positive but I think she is wearing this during the episodes where she is cheating on Aden with Big. Trench coats and big sunglasses always make one seem elusive...









Ahhh. This is a glorious, glorious picture, isn´t it? Carrie seems so happy those first months she moved to Paris with the Russian...before it all went down the drain. What a gorgeous striped ensemble...and the flowers, and the Eiffel tower...you kinda want to be her! But is it really EVER that sunny in Paris?




Miss Thangggg in a zebra dress with signature cosmopolitan drink! Hawt!!!


















Floaty romantic flower dress...signature Manolos....!!!
















NOW Carrie also seems fashion forward with her accesories. Below you can see the giant pearls which I am a huge fan of, and the flower which she basically created in the early 2000´s.














I would also like to add...this dress is worn during the episode where she goes to the party where she kisses Alanis Morisette! Fantastic episode. The pearl picture also showcases her signature ´engagement ring on the chain´situation thing.









THE OTHER GIRLS

I guess this can´t all be about Carrie so I am going to take one look per girl to show each´s sig style. Starting with...Samatha Jones!!!!


Samantha is just so bossy. Bright colors, big, bold, that´s Samantha!




Miranda...I know you can´t see her whole outfit but her thing is definitely collars, suits, very business-like and classy, but stylish at the same time. Mirando always looks very put together. And in the first 2 seasons a little scary but lets forget about that and focus on the now.

Finally...Charlotte!


Charlotte is the girly girl and dresses like it too! Dots, anything with a waistline, pretty princess dresses, that is her style. A mother would love a daughter- in- law like Charlotte, practically perfect in every way.


Now we move on to a few key shots from movie number 1.


From Carrie´s coutour wedding Vogue shoot, we have Dior and De la Renta...absolutely gorgeous. This shoot is stunning. She looks beautiful in every single dress she puts on.











This is Carrie´s oh- so- famous Vivienne Westwood wedding dress. To be honest with you I MUCH preferred some of the others she tried on at the Vogue shoot. Plus the bird feather thing on the head is weird, but you know Carrie always pushes the limit. In any case I read that this dress sold out all over the USA, despite its almost 5 thousand dollar price tag and the whole recession situation...just goes to show all girls want to be like Carrie. I don´t get it really, I mean Big ditched her in this dress! Seems cursed to me.











These are the classy Manolo´s that first graced the closet of Carrie´s new pretty pretty princess closet in her pretty pretty princess new apartment. I would die for that closet and that apartment! These shoes would also be a nice bonus too.






Love Love this picture of the four girls. It just makes me want to hug and laugh with my friends. And move back to NYC. And buy designer handbags.


AND NOW:::::::::::::::::::::::::::MOVIE NUMBER 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OHHHHH SHITTTTTTTTTT! This is SO ghetto s´uperstar I can´t even handle it! Gold Ray Bans!!! Is it Kanye West? No, its Carrie Bradshaw peeps, watch out! It´s like SATC takes off into outer space or something...futuristic! May seriously can´t get here soon enough.






Big is back!!!!!!!
(not that I thought he wasn´t going to be but whatever, he looks great, no?)










Carrie and Charlotte look great....I think Charlotte looks a bit matronly compared to Carrie but whatever, they both look gorg! Love Carrie´s hot shoes and Miranda looks amazing in that striped dress and shoes as well.





Now for the big twisty twist....


80´S FLASHBACK SCENE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OHMIGODDDDDDDDDDDDDD! I don´t know what this is all about but I am LOVING it already! More more bring me more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh this is so perfect. Carrie´s 80´s persona would SO be Madonna gone bad. Samantha would be rocker chic borderline prostitute, think Rosario Dawson in RENT the movie...Charlotte looks like Christy the biatch in Romi and Michelle´s High School Reunion, and Miranda just looks ubergross, like a middle aged mom slash man slash teenage boy with bowl haircut...SO TYPICAL, am in LOVE! Cannot wait to see what this will bring!!!!!!!!!!!





To end out my tribute to this fabulous phenomenon, I would like to include a big of all four ladies, lookin hot, at a fashion week runway show. ViVa SATC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Females, remember, owning the box sets of DVD´s, all 6 seasons, is good for your health, youth, and fashion sense. Recommened.

xoxo L

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario