If Dali were fashion...

If Dali were fashion...

sábado, 13 de febrero de 2010

Madrid Street Style

NOTE: Originally this was in my other blog, but I´ve also copied it to my fashion blog because it seems fitting! I posted this back in November so the trends are fall based! ENJOY!


So one of the reasons Madrid is so cool is because it has a totally unique style. It definetly has a European influence. It´s no Paris or Milan, obviously, but it has a sort of ´urban´vibe to it that really makes it a standout fashion city, in my opinion. It´s cool because a lot of people also intermix style from other european countries like England, Germany, Italy or France, which really makes for a unique blend of styles.

Trends I notice in general this fall:

Teens: High top Nikes, tights, white jeans, belts, Tshirts with English writing on them

Young adults: Plaid, plaid, plaid, studded everything, leather, scarfs of all types, colored denim, esp gray, shoulder pads, DOC MARTENS or any other combatish boots (I know can you believe it! Doc Martens! I should dig out the pairs I had in 7th grade!)

EVERYONE: boots, all sizes, shapes, and colors, skinny jeans, leggings, leggings that look like jeans, Ray Ban sunglesses, the color gray, everywhere, sequins, studs

Even super old ladies here won´t leave the house looking fabulous. I see lots of skirt suits on older women, and tweed.

To illustrate the trends I´ve described, plus more, my first idea was to simply snap pictures of people with cool style. Although I have a few of those photos below, I realized I have so many friends, coworkers, and aquitances with funky style so I actually just went to parties, dinners, work, etc and most of my pictures came from these people!

The cool thing about this is that most of the trends you´ll see are quite affordable. Most of what people are buying is coming from H and M, Zara, Mango, etc.

Here goes! Feel free to comment but please, positive comments only as most of these people are my friends!




From left to right, Nuria 15, Laura 15, and Mercedes 15. All are from Madrid.
These girls are right on style with the teens in Madrid!
Nuria: Bag-Berska
Boots: from a boutique in Zaragoza, Spain
Coat: Mango
Belt: Next, a store in London
Denim leggings: Berska

Laura: Scarf-H and M
Bag: Markets in Morocco, Africa
Nikes

Mercedes
Nikes



Clara
Age: Mid twenties
Occupation: Teacher
I LOVE Clara´s style. Wearing:
Boots: Zara
Tights, Skirt, Socks, Tshirt and Jacket: H and M
TIGHTS and SOCKS PICTURED BELOW in close up

Norma
Age 23
Occupation: English Teacher
From: California
Boots: Vintage, from Paris
Blazer: Vintage, was her mom´s!
T-shirt: American Apparel, New York City
Necklace: A boutique in Southern California


Maialen
Occupation: English Teacher
From: Bilbao, Northern Spain
What caught my eye on Maialen was her scarf. It´s from Italy. I also liked her shoes, they a brand called ´Wonders´which you can purchase at various stores in Madrid. See picture below for closeup on her shoes! They remind me of oxford student meets business woman meets flamenco dancer, I love them!

Maria
Age: mid twenties
Occupation: Teacher
Wearing:
Dress: Blanco
Tights: Calzedonia
Shoes: Zara
Watch: Boutique on Fuencarral
How cute is she? Leopard is still in...its just never going out of style, I LOVE animal print!

Carlos
From: Madrid
Occupation: Theatre Teacher
Pants and Shoes: Zara
Shirt and Cardigan: Somewhere in Scotland
You might not get a good view of these pants but they are like a gray plaid, and they aren´t denim. Probably a cotton polyester blend.

Asma
Occupation: English Teacher
From: Northern England
Shirt: Mossimo Dutti
Cardigan: Zara
Shoes: Uterque (Pictured below)
Jeans: Miss Selfridges, London
Bracelets: Various places, pictured below



Margarita
From Madrid
I would have never guessed in a million years that this stylish, elegant woman is a mom of two! This coat-shawl was homemade by her mother. She also made the necklace herself. Her velvet blazer, which you can see up close in the next picture, was from Zara. Her belt is GANT.




Sian
From England
Occupation: Works for Oxford English Texbook Company in Madrid
Sian looks festive for the holidays in these cute red pants from H and M!

Patrica and Miguel
Both from Madrid
Occupations: Patricia works for the Caixa bank and Miguel is an informatica
Patricia is wearing a dress from Blanco and beads she bought at a boutique.
Miguel is wearing a shirt from Corte Inglés.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario