If Dali were fashion...

If Dali were fashion...

sábado, 30 de enero de 2010

Spring 2010: The Color Nude...plus socks and clogs!

So even though it doesn´t feel like spring yet, spring fashion has already arrived. The main big color trend I see for spring is the color nude.

Since the blog is Madrid, or Europe based, I mainly focused on European designers. However after Mercedes Benz Fashion week mid Feb in NYC, I will add some looks from the runways there.

Within the color nude, I see a lot of trenches, which are great for spring. I have also notices a romantic undertone, lots of sheers, and soft, floaty fabrics. Additionally, there is a lot of work with volume.

Another key thing I have spotted that I would like to include is also the new appearance, or comeback, I might say, of the CLOG. In spanish, ´el zueco´. It´s intriguing, and sort of panics me at the same time. It brings me back to 7th grade...I swear I bought my first pair of ´Candies´you know, when Jenny McCarthy was the spokesperson...I´m thinking 1997 approx...and they are exact replica of the Gucci pair I will post later. Not sure if I will hopping on the clog bandwagon this summer...we´ll see! Please share thoughts!

One last key point is the appearance of socks with stilletos in many of these runway shots. To me, it appears cool but I think your legs need to be about 7 miles long to pull it off...I won´t be trying that this year...however if you´ve got the legs and you want to project a Sort of a girly, yet trendy vibe at the same time, give it shot!

FINALLY....IMPORTANT TIP!!!!
I hear it all the time...´Oh, I can´t do nude...it washes me out.´...´Nude just doesn´t look good on me´etc etc etc. EVERYONE yes EVERYONE can wear nude! The important thing is the shade of nude. Depending on your skin tone, you can find shades of nude with, gold, peach, pink, and off white undertones...experiment and find what looks best on you. I swear, there is a nude color for everyone!

Here goes!























These three looks are some of my absolute favorites for this season. All three are by Marni, one of my favorite designers. Obviously there is the major theme of nude, and as you can see there is also a lot of playing around with different volumes and layering. I love the way the socks look with the chunky sandals here, and I absolutely adore the head scarves as well. Stripes are also making an apperance and you can even note the details and volume in the sleeve area and with the black skirt. Another important tip is that you can NEVER go wrong with a trench style coat or dress...they are classic and beautiful, and in this case, incredibly modern and updated. Fabulous in every way.





To the right we have Chanel. The typical tweed, a trademark of Chanel, is classic but updated here. In this picture I believe she is wearing the clogs that I also posted below. I truly can´t decide if I think they are unbelievably awesome or frightenly hideous. Please share thoughts? Anyway here we have a more classic look using the nude, or what I think is a nude-off white color scheme




















Chloe has presented a more tailored look this season with the pant, shirt, and jacket look. I have to say I was a bit disappointed this season with Chloe, I found the collection a bit boring, but from another side, it is wearable. These two looks, however I do really like. They are extremely basic but well cut.

















Hermes also gives us a more tailored look here, of sportswear separates...sort of nearing the Chloe realm. I do like the looseness of the jacket, it presents a laid back, summery vibe. I could see myself wearing this exact outfit, betting at the horseraces or something...the hat is perfect! It´s a combo of fedora meets cabana hat, what a great idea.









This Nina Ricci look whispers beautiful. I love how this particular nude has gold tones. I like this look because its a day to night look. It´s romantic yet tailored at the same time. Throw a little jacket over it, wear it to the office, head to happy hour, take the jacket off, and you look gorgeous and sexy without over doing it.

This Caroline Herrera look is structured but sensual at the same time. We can start to see the play on volume within this nude look. The clutch plays off the structure as well.








These two nude looks by Burburry Prosum are right on point. I´ve already commented on the essentiality of having the perfect trench for spring, and the other dress plays with shape of the fabric in original ways. I love the belts and here we see the socks look again, looking super cool.









These two looks are from...drumroll please...lets guess...Lanvin! I am a huge fan because I just love that Lanvin always has a point of view. I can spot a Lanvin anywhere. I admire someone who can truly design a certain ´type´of look...but always make it just a little bit different or original so it never gets boring. These two nude looks play with shape and neckline.







To end out my nude section, I elected these two by Valentino. The sheer, floaty softness of the two looks creates a romantic tone.













So there you have it...the color nude! Now get shopping and find your perfect nude!

Finally, I just wanted to throw these pics of clogs in...even though they aren´t nude...the brown are Gucci and the black Yves St Laurent. Is this the future of our spring footwear??????

2 comentarios:

  1. Larissa LOVES nude!
    Lori- this is fantastic..didn't realize clogs were making a comeback. The YSL ones don't even remind me of clogs..more of a sliced "convertible" bootie.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. I LOVE LOVE LOVE THE VALENTINOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

    You know I'm investing in a new coat.... :D

    ResponderEliminar