If Dali were fashion...

If Dali were fashion...

viernes, 15 de enero de 2010

Rings

So fast forward to my favorite fashion accessory, rings. And not just rings...we are talking, giant, obscene, cover half your hand, fashion jewelry ladies. The bigger, the better. Doesn´t matter if its gold, silver, wood...fake, real...as long as its gigantic and dripping with jewels and bling.




So this first ring is a big flower, flower rings totally rock, I love them in plastic, metal, whatever you can find. I normally am not a fan of the Tous brand, but this ring is super bossy, so I made the exception.






This next ring is actually one ring, made out of several. It´s by Pandora and it has a special name: ´A Ring Upon Rings´. I adore this because its just a whole bunch of styles and colors and shapes and patterns all mixed together...but it works!











Below is a ring from Uno de 50, one of my favorite brands for rings here in Spain. You can´t go wrong with a giant jewel, especially in a bright color like this one.
This next ring is also from Uno de 50. I am obsessed with rings in the shape of hearts. They seem classy but also kinda fun and free spirited at the same time. Which is obviously the look we should all be going for. Classy. Fun. Free spirited!

Another cool heart ring...can´t go wrong with Betsey Johnson, ever. There has got to be something said for a 50 year old woman with blond dreadlocks using leopard as her main inspiration! In any case this ring is sweet and sexy. ATTENTION BOYS: Perfect gift your lovely girlfriend for Valentines Day, perhaps?
Or a ´To Me, Love Me´gift...those are always the best kind!







This ring from Dannijo shouts different. It´s sorta got that flower vibe going on, but it´s really abstract, and has got a real modern touch.









This next ring is super trendy...first of all, it has a bow on it, which is the new hot item, there are bows everywhere suddenly, for your hair, your clothes, and now, available on rings! The cool thing about this ring is that it´s a chain linked ring. I just started seeing this recently in Madrid and I really like it. It´s nice because they are flexible, I guess you could always take a link out if it´s too big or something! This rings is from Top Shop.


This ring is super bossy because its not only enormous but the stone in the middle is a cool, whitish color. This ring can go with a lot of different outfits...and even better, its from H and M, which means it can´t be more than 6 euros!








This ring from Brigette Bijou rocks. I love love love owls, so why not wear one on my hand?










This ring is a great example of dripping with jewels and bling. Now I know that Forever 21 isn´t in Spain but I just couldn´t resist including this ring, because I adore it.










These are just some of the examples of the new styles people are wearing here in Madrid. Some of the best rings you can find are at vintage shops or dollar stores as well. My greatest ring source is my grandmother´s collection of costume jewelry! So don´t hesitate to think outside the box when looking for a unique ring.

1 comentario: