If Dali were fashion...

If Dali were fashion...

martes, 20 de abril de 2010

Swimwear: Beaching it in 2010



It´s that time of year again. The joy of tucking those heavy sweaters and boots under your bed along with the simultaneous panic and terror of the pale cellulite lurking beneath those winter layers of clothes!

Ladies, get to the gym asap because swimwear this season is looking fly and only a rockin bod can pull off some of these crazy trends! (when in doubt, remember a Gottex super strength suck you in black one piece never goes out of style!)

To find the newest fashions in swimwear for this season, I searched the European runways and also snagged a few ideas from Miami´s famous fashion swimwear week and trade show. Below are what I see happening for this season:

Retro
Plaid
Cutouts or one shoulder
The deep V/ Plunge
Bandeau and Hardware
Bohemium or paisley prints


I will post the standout suits within each trend category, along with some of my own personal favorites. My pick on standout brands this season include Herve Leger as well as Andres Sarda.

RETRO





Is the kiddie pool for sale? Just wondering. Welcome to the year of the retro!

Love this retro look by TCN. The colors are great and it has a very flattering print and ruffle.

Andres Sarda is pure genius. Not to mention my current obsession with Cabana hats.

This Rosa Chi suit is adorable. Can designers PLEASE start doing more with vertical stripes? I don´t know a woman out that that wouldn´t mind looking a pound or two slimmer!

So this floral from Topshop is absolutely affordable and also has that deeper V cut neck which is also a trend. And florals are of course continuing on into summer so you really can´t go wrong with this suit. Plus, it covers the midsection flubby flub if you know what I mean!

This bright pink ruffled, girly to the max suit screams out the name of it´s designer...wait for it...


BETSEY JOHNSON!!! I don´t think anything could be anymore Betsey than this swimsuit. Well mybe if it was pink leopard print...anyway, it´s fantastic.


PLAID




Back in Betseyland again. Not only is it retro but it´s plaid; its just so damn cute!!! I am not really the cutesy type but I really do adore it.



















Is this Ambular from Clueless? Anyway she looks amazing in this suit by Agent Provocateur. I actually did see a good number of denim suits on the runways. True Religion has put out a number of them but I am not sure how many people are going to swing for it...in any case this one is nice because it has the denim and the plaid, and still sorta has that retro edge.












If you aren´t daring in the swimsuit world, this is a trendy yet basic suit. No crazy tan lines, no weird fabric, nice and tame but still in style. Vanity Fair makes it and I believe it sells for approx. 70 euros.












Cutouts and One Shoulder

Okay now I must preface these suits by saying that yes, they would give you totally weird tan lines, so myself, being a slave to the sun, would probably never actually wear these for a day at the beach. However if someone invited me to some movie producer´s party in Malibu, I might have to wear one of these...(well and also if I suddenly grew like 8 inches...these aren´t too flattering for us folks with short legs and or love handles...) In any case they are way sassy and I just love the idea of them, even if I never actually put one on!






Starting off we have this look from Red Point. It´s 134 euros but the texture and fabric is really different so I think it looks quality. It´s also got some cool copper hardware, hitting the mark with a couple big trends.




















You know our favorite little sock store, Calzedonia? Well surprise, now you can buy swimsuits there too! This doubles in the cool patterned print category as well. The color shading is interesting too. The thing with swimsuits is that you always want to find something that doesn´t look too generic, and this suit is far from boring.














I would actually wear this amazing Cia Martime suit in a heartbeat. It´s unique but not too crazy. You could just change that one shoulder right up into a bandeau if you want to lay down for some sunning time.














The moment has now arrived for my ode to Herve Leger section. His designs are completely wack and I just adore them. I wish I was a celeb so I could foolishly prance around in them at exclusive parties while sipping Bacardi Breezers. Sigh.

-----Herve Leger Obsession Section Begins-----



La la Lohan´s rockin this coral number. LOVE IT.














Is this yummy hunk shooting her? Filming her? Blowdrying her hair? Don´t know, but want to be her. Black never goes out of style.














I guess this is a bit strange for a swimsuit but really it just shouts confidence. I am sorta scared of this girl, yet I totally want to be her! Now that´s one hell of a swimsuit.













-----Herve Leger Obsession Section Ends-----



SO I wanted to put in a mix of itsy bitsy bikini´s and of course more covering suits so these next two are cute but a little more covering. And the rouching is one of the few real miracles in life, I swear it makes a little extra extra look like nada. This suit is by Norma Kamali.

Moschino has always been a favorite in swimwear for me. This gold suit is truly beautiful and the color is sutle and flatters all types of skin tones.


This DVP one shoulder doubles in the cute prints section. I can´t tell really if its florals or paisley but whatever, it´s cute. Love the bracelets as an added accessory.


WOW this Luli Fama suit is amazing. The cutouts and the paisley print make it superstylish.

DEEP V




This deep plunging Poko Plano suit is gorgeous. You have to be super tan to pull of this pink of course! Paired with gold jewelry...perfect.


















I am personally a huge fan of white swimsuits and this one is no exception. Although the plunge is deep is still looks like pretty supportive which is a plus if you want to do anything other than lounge about with your Barcardi Breezer, like swimming, even moving!













Another dead on by Luli Fama. The paisley is gorgeous, I love this color combination. White and yellow in swimsuits is so pretty.














BANDEAU AND HARDWARE





Another cheap yet fabulous from Calzedonia. I love everything about this suit, the color, the triangle top, the bows in contrast to the chain, this might be my summer buy this season!
















This Dior suit is so intriguing. The hardware pieces accent this eye catching coral color. Beware, this color looks way better on darker skinned ladies.
















This Despi would look great on any skin tone and stripes are all the rage this year!





















Despi makes the best hardware, the heart is great and I love it contrasted with the nude color suit.














This Gucci bandeau is simply...pretty! The print is just perfect and again I adore white.













BOHEMIAN, PRINTS


Now I have already shown some really great prints in some of the retro, cutout, deep V and bandeau styles but here are a few more standouts I found.


Andres Sarda, why did I never think of belting a swimsuit? Sheer genius! This color scheme looks like second skin on this lighter, milkier toned model. Take note, white girls!

A more mainstream look by Massimo Dutti. The pattern reminds me of shooting stars of something. A little tamer but still cute and stylish.

The pattern combo of this Maaji suit is gorgeous. We see some carryover from spring of the mixing prints. The ruffle strap is a cool add on.


The Huit suit again uses two of my favorite swimsuit colors, yellow and white. The bows are a nice touch too.


I am ending out with this Badgely Mischka suit. I love this suit for a variety of reasons, one because it´s baggy in the stomach area therefore masking any tummy fat. HELLO why has no one thought of doing this before? The guys really know their stuff. I also like it because even though it´s pretty basic, I can´t say I´ve really seen much like it before, that being mainly the shape and color combo with the solid and the tie dye. Props to BM for a great design and keeping a womans body in mind with this one!

Lastly I want to include this coverup, mainly because it´s just kinda cool.



It´s from Topshop too so, nice and cheap!







Well happy shopping to all! I´ll see YOU at the beach! xoxo Lori

2 comentarios:

  1. Por favor recommend a suit for a pasty, short, curvy version of yourself (i.e. me!)! :)

    xoxo

    ResponderEliminar